Thursday, July 2, 2015

2015 - Day 183/182 - Thursday...

See, I told you. We are now more than half-way through the year. You heard it here first. It took me until almost noon to make it into the office this morning, even though I left the house before 7 o'clock. I had a 9 o'clock appointment (which I failed to consider that today was a pseudo-Holiday), so I actually looked for traffic congestion (because I was ahead of schedule), and then I stopped at Panera Bread for a scone, and I still got where I was going about 20 minutes ahead of time. Then I had a 10:30 appointment, and then I headed off to the office. On the way back into Austin, this little brother of mine (this is a 60, I'm an 85) was tag-teaming with me down Bee Cave (there is only ONE cave) Road. It was fun, but we eventually lost one another.

As a curmudgeon and a contrarian, I feel it is my duty to reach out to you all (gentle readers) to either  make me see the err of my way or to start a ground swell of discontent. Tomorrow (July 3rd) is the day (this year) we will observe the Fourth of July Holiday. That means the banks are closed and there will be no postal delivery (because that is the day we are OBSERVING as the Holiday). But, does that in turn mean that banks and postal deliveries will back to normal on Saturday, the actual Fourth of July. I expect the answer is no, but I would expect the day of OBSERVATION would pertain to those who do not typically work (specifically this year) on Saturday, and if Saturday was a typical work day for you, THAT would be the Holiday. I'm just asking.

And I concede that my commute time affords me too much alone time, and so I have to dig up things to think abut if I cannot find anyone to talk with or anyone to play Words With Friends with.

Enjoy your Holiday, no matter how many of them you are fortunate enough to observe this weekend.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, QUESTIONS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment