Tuesday, July 28, 2015

2015 - Day 209/156 - Tuesday...

I do not want to post the opinion that EVERYONE in Texas shares this particular feeling about folks that are moving here from exotic places (like New Jersey and Poughkeepsie) but I would venture to say that this opinion is shared by a whole lot of people on a daily basis while traversing the inadequate and poorly enduring highway system in and around central Texas. So here is the deal; Austin was a small ranching community for many years. It also happened to be the center of state government and home to the flagship University in Texas. When I moved here is 1985, our economy was not terribly diversified, and there were a couple economic busts. The city diversified, became less dependent on government and the University, and was discovered by high tech firms (and all that goes along with it). Years ago, IBM moved here to produce the IBM Selectric, and that was the beginning of the end. Blame it on IBM. It is okay with me.

In other news, it was a busy day and I found myself saying (more than once) that if I can just get through this week, life will calm down. I think I also said that last week. And the week before. And I can imagine myself muttering those words next week as well.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MUTTERINGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment