Sunday, July 12, 2015

2015 - Day 193/172 - Sunday...

Although it feels like I got (even) less done today than I did yesterday, I think in reality it was a more productive day. I did manage to get all my prep done for my class on Thursday, now just a few finishing touches and everything will be a-okay! The girl dog has turned out not to be an idiot; she is excited to get up in the mornings and go outside to see if she can spy any bunnies, lizards, toads or dragons. Then when we get back inside and I have settled down to read the paper and have some coffee, she is perfectly content to jump up in the bad. She was acting positively civilized this morning, with her head on the pillow and everything!

I did manage to shred some of the grass in the back between the house and the pasture. It is drying out a little bit, and I think getting the tall grass down will help out the drying process. I also went into Bartlett and got some diesel for the tractor and the Polaris, as well as a can of gas for the various other things around here. We got all of the hay in the far back pastures moved, and about half (or maybe a third) of it in the front pasture moved. That will give me something to think about doing during the week. The new tractor is a BRUTE. A BRUTE I tell ya! It is HUGE. There was nothing in between the 30 (+/-) HP tractor we had and this new 50+HP one we have now. As usual, I am afraid of it, and cautious with it. The last thing I need is to tump over in it.

I also opened a pasture that I had kept the cattle off for (maybe) a month or two. At least a month for sure. Anyway, the grass is really high, they are having themselves a time, and they are fat and happy looking. What could be better?

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BRUTES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment