Tuesday, July 21, 2015

2015 - Day 202/163 - Tuesday...

Meet George and June. George and June were among my first real estate clients back in 1995 when I was a newly licensed REALTOR® and I was working with Teresa. In twenty years, I have only been associated with three agencies (one of those lasted only about 15 minutes), and for the last 15 years I have been partnered with my business-wife Carrie. Anyway, George and June (J) asked me to help them lease a couple of their rental properties. Over those years, I leased each of those properties a half-dozen times or more. They were great landlords, so their tenants did not flip every year or so. It was always nice to hear from them, even though I tested June with my sarcasm and smart-aleckedness every chance I got. They always came back for more. A couple years ago, they asked me to represent one of the investment properties for sale, and I did. Later I was asked to help them sell the other lease property, and we worked together to get that accomplished. Earlier this year, they made the decision to down-size and take up residence in a retirement facility. We closed on that transaction today, and this morning I have to admit I got a little bit teary eyed. June asked me where the tears were, and I told her I would cry in the car. As I write this, I am getting a little bit teary eyed again. George and June are wonderful people and I am honored to have gained their trust (and affection) over the years, in spite of myself. Twenty years is a long time to work with clients (who also become friends), and I won't be working with them (probably) on real estate transactions, but I will give them a call every now and then, and I hope they will call me too.

I love me some George and June.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GEORGE AND JUNE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment