Sunday, July 26, 2015

2015 - Day 207/158 - Sunday...

My friend Nancy's parent raised (or were avid fans of) Frangipani, and one time when we were together at one meeting or another, I mentioned my fondness for them. That must have been springtime a year ago, because last fall Nancy sent me three cuttings from one of her plants. They weathered the winter in the garage, and it seems they have settled in this year, and have begun blooming. They are slow to start their blooming, but I think they will take off shortly and provide us with some really beautiful displays. I love the fragrance of these blooms, to me they smell like buttered popcorn, but that is just the uneducated palate in me coming in to play. I can remember when I was still in high school in Michigan, Avon made a line of products that were Frangipani scented, and my mother would buy the soaps and perfumes, and I always liked it. Hmmm...

I did manage to get the rest of the front yard cut this morning, as well as the girl dog's yard. It looks somewhat presentable in the front of the house, and since there has been NO RAIN in the entire month of July, that may be the last time the front yard needs to be cut for a while. We are again seeing large cracks in the earth, and the surface is really dry. I think there is some moisture about six inches down or so, but the surface is really dry. The tanks in the back pastures still have water in them so that is good for the cattle.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PLUMERIA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment