Sunday, January 17, 2016

2016 - Day 17/349 - Sunday...

I have never, EVER professed to be a gourmand or even someone that was particularly impressed with gastronomic delights, which should be evident to anyone who looks at me, that I tend to favor culinary quantity over quality. I cannot tell the difference in cuts of beef (prime, aged, this or that), and I prefer my wine out of a box. I have absolutely a preference to Burger King over all the rest, but also, that particular chain seems to be on the decline in the central Texas area. I only mention this because, as I reported to you last night, my posse retreated to a pose steak house after the Installation Reception, and one of the items on the appetizer menu was Bone Marrow which was ordered and consumed. It was better than it sounded, but not something I would rush to consume a second time. I have never seen it on the menu at the Olive Garden either, so I assume it is something which is either in short supply or otherwise ground up to be included in cattle feed or something else less appealing. There is a post going around the social networking pages about the true identity of McRibs, but I will let you do your own Internet search for that, at your own risk and revulsion.

Going forward, today I did little of anything except visiting my big blue chair and nap. A wonderful way to spend a chilly day in central Texas.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PARTS-IS-PARTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment