Thursday, January 21, 2016

2016 - Day 21/345 - Thursday...

This was my first car. Except mine was blue. And it had a roof-rack. And a reverberator (before stereo). I listened to WKNR (Keener-13) an the AM radio. My friend Al Parsons put a 'Thrush Muffler' on it, and it sounded like a low-flying-prop-jet. Miss Riverview ran in the back of me on the corner of Longsdorf and Fort Streets. I was supposed to pull the home coming float (my senior year), but the car was in the shop, so I pulled it with a loaner. A 1963 Oldsmobile Holiday that tended to run hot during the parade. Before my dad died, we took that car to California, and we stopped in Indiana to pick up my Aunt Ruby. Before the trip, my dad also equipped the car with an after market air conditioner. Kind of like a swamp cooler. A bale of hay that you covered with ice and plugged it in to the lighter socket and turned on the fan. That did cause this car to run hot, but we did not break down until we were about 100 miles outside Flagstaff. We took that car to Disneyland, and we rode the Matterhorn. Whenever we went down on the ride, Ruby peed herself just a little bit.

Interesting. That was my first car.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, '65 BUICK SPORT WAGON, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment