Saturday, January 23, 2016

2016 - Day 23/343 - Saturday...

It had been reported to me earlier in the week that Earl the Squirrel was under suspicion of building a nest in the engine compartment of the truck. I took a look under the hood this afternoon, and saw a few little pieces of grass under there, but no evident signs of a nest. Earl was keeping an eye on me from the driveway, and he was not at all shy about going under the truck and jumping into the engine compartment, not at all concerned by my presence. So, of course I took this as a photo-op for this journal entry, since my recent offerings had been somewhat short on the interesting scale. I think it is pretty interesting that Earl decided to pose for several shots, this one deemed by me to be the best.

We have not seen Callie in about five or six days, although I saw something at one of the neighbors houses that could have been Callie or a poodle...not sure...but it is comforting to know that there is the possibility that she has moved on to greener pastures, and somewhat unsettling to know I can't tell the difference between a cat and a dog (or some other unidentified beast). It is also somewhat concerning to know that SOMETHING is eating the food that we leave out in the front of the house (it may be Barney, but the food in the front is the food that Barney turned her nose up at previously).

Oh, and we are not sure, but we believe the girl dog ate her vaccination records from the vet. We were on our way to our first obedience training class and we could not find the vet records anywhere. Jody had gone to the vet to retrieve the records about a week ago and showed them to me, but we could not find them today, before or after the appointment. We thing the girl dog overheard us saying she was going to be 'tutored' and she mis-understood and thought we said 'neutered'. I don't know what all the fuss was about, since she already has been the latter.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, EARL, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment