Wednesday, March 2, 2016

2016 - Day 62/304 - Wednesday...

Happy Texas independence Day. If you can't find a Texas flag to salute, a pentagram will probably do. Pen-ta-gram noun a five-pointed star that is formed by drawing a continuous line in five straight segments, often used as a mystic and magical symbol. Yep, that pretty much sums it up!

Today is also the tenth anniversary of Donna Howard's swearing-in to the Texas House of Representatives. The celebration of 'A Decade of Donna' was held this evening at the Zilker Park Clubhouse. I have lived in Austin for 31 years, and tonight was the first time I ever visited the Zilker Park Clubhouse. The view from there of the downtown is very nice, and I cannot understand why I had never visited. It was nice to see Donna, and her crew, as well as my friends Michael and Lynda. There were also lots of politicos in attendance, and it was good to see my friend and State Rep Celia Israel. This is a photo of Celia and Donna, possibly cracking up over something totally inappropriate that I might have made a comment about before the photo. Not sure, but it sounds like something I would do.

Insurance update: Not a word from my agent today. I am trying my very best not to make this a personal thing, but if I wanted to be ignored by someone, I would prefer to be ignored by someone I have not know for over thirty years. I have some concerns over the service (or lack of it) that I am receiving. I guess all is fine as long as one continues to pay premiums and never has a need for the service (or lack of it) that is allegedly provided.

I know. F. W. P.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, A DECADE OF DONNA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment