Friday, March 25, 2016

2016 - Day 85/281 - Good Friday...

The best laid plans of mice and mechanics sometimes go awry. And awry they went. Yesterday I was given a glimmer of hope that I could pick up the car this afternoon, 'just waiting on one more part'. I called before I left the office to head north, and no luck. The part had not arrived. I was able however, to watch (via my mobile app) as someone was driving the car around (probably) in the parking lot of the repair place. That was a good sign. the car had not responded to my trying to wake it up (I'm sorry, I can't do that Hal) for the last couple weeks, so just getting the car to respond at first, noting that it was plugged in and charging, and then being able to see that someone was actually driving the car was a good sign. After I got home this afternoon (and was taking a nap in the blue chair while the evening news was on) I got a call from them and I will be able to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Jody and I went to the Crossroads Cafe tonight for dinner, burger for Jody, double meat cheese burger (no top bun) for me, and onion rings all around. A little over cooked, but good.

Tomorrow the girl dog goes back from here next-to-the-last training day. We got a break last week which was good for me since I was packing and moving stuff in the office. Tutoring for the girl dog, then home and then in to town to get the car.

Life is good, I am the luckiest man in the world.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Pea
s, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment