Tuesday, March 8, 2016

2016 - Day 68/298 - Tuesday...

The frog is still perched on top of the water meter out by the road. Overnight, we received 0.04" of rain, nothing to write home about, but we will take it. During the day today, we received another 0.74" of rain in the gauge. I have spoken many times (and fondly) about our rain gauge, but I have never included a photo of it for your review. This is our 'official' CoCoRaHs gauge (go to cocorahs.org for more information). It sort of (loosely) stands for the Community Collaborative Rain, Hail & Snow Network. You can go to the site and sign up to be a participant. It is an organization through one of the colleges in Colorado, and it is fun. You upload information to the network on a daily basis, and it helps track actual precipitation levels all across the country, and up into Canada and down into Mexico (I think). It is interesting to see the different precipitation levels in your county as recorded by other volunteers. But you will find out all about that when you go to the site.

I led a BUNCH of my colleagues through two Legal Update classes today, beginning at 8:30 this morning and ending at 5 o'clock this afternoon. I am a walker (not a sitter) during these classes, so I easily got my ten thousand steps in. I will sleep well tonight.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment