Monday, March 28, 2016

2016 - Day 88/278 - Monday...

It just goes to show you, you CAN learn something new every day, even if it is irrelevant and inaccurate. I mean, who knew Austin had a Financial District? I don't think the city cartographers are aware of it, and I am (in fact) pretty sure they do not know about it. There are a couple banks downtown, and a couple CPAs, and some financial advisers, but I do not think that is worth qualifying several square blocks of the (or just outside the actual) downtown area as a Financial District. I think there is a Financial District in New York (think stock exchange) or Chicago (think stock exchange) and maybe one in San Francisco (think that big pointy pyramid shaped building in the commercials), but I am pretty sure there is no Financial District in Austin. I don't think there is one in Houston or Dallas either. There is a stock YARD in Fort Worth, but probably no Financial District. Austin has  (kind of) a downtown area, really nothing to scream about, and it looks bigger in the photos than it really is. It is all done with lights and shadows and a fog machine that you can rent from Lucy in Disguise on South Congress.

But Google Maps says there is a Financial District in Austin, so I guess we are stuck with it. I expect it to be reported in the Financial Times just any minute.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, DISTRICTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment