Monday, March 21, 2016

2016 - Day 81/285 - Monday...

This wisteria is growing along the fence at the front of the property up by the road. It is really doing nicely this year, and I attribute that to the rain that we have been lucky enough to receive. There is some more wisteria growing up on an ornamental windmill a little ways further down the road, but this is prettier than that, but there is always next year. Speaking of rain...we did not get ANY rain last week, other than a trace on one day Austin did get some rain, and the environs south of here and north of here had some BAD storms. Lake Travis is at 100.1% full right now, that is the first time it has been full since 2010 (I think). All the citizens of Austin are proud of that, and the rice farmers between here and the Gulf will be happy because there will actually be a water release this year for the first time in a long time.

There are birds right now, outside my home office window, hanging upside down from the chairs on the front porch. BIRDS. Not BATS. It is pretty interesting to watch them. They are little tiny birds, about the size of a quarter of my fist, and they have pointy little beaks about a half inch long. If I were REALLY interested, I would get up and get one of Jody's bird spotting books to find out what they are, but that would mean getting up, going to the breakfast room to get the book, and I already have my 10K steps in for today, and I want to get this finished before Antiques Road Show is over with. Not sure if they are still fund raising or not, but I am going to try and catch the last of it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WISTERIA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment