Tuesday, March 1, 2016

2016 - Day 61/305 - Tuesday...

I am in the process of losing faith and confidence of my insurance company. I am not yet prepared to name agents or companies, but I expect I am headed in that direction overall. I have been with the same national insurance company since 1976, and with the same agency since I moved here in 1985. We are arguing about their estimate to repair my car that was damaged by another driver, who (while driving another persons car) front-ended me. She produced the insurance of the car owner, and I have provided all that information to my insurance company. Currently, we are fighting over about $900 worth of repair expense. I pay more for my car insurance (I assume proportionately) than other consumers, based on the value of their automobiles. If they (the insurance company) assigns a loss value based on all vehicles, then it stands to reason that my insurance should be less than it is. I believe the insurance premium I pay is (most likely) based on MY vehicle, and not the pool of all vehicles on the roads of central Texas.

First. World. Problems.

...and I had to put gas in the rental this afternoon.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CONCERN, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you’re able to get everything settled with your insurance company shortly after this post. Your insurance company wouldn’t want to lose a longtime customer, so I am assuming they will try to work it out with you. It’s not your fault you were in a car accident, and I’m glad it wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been.

    ReplyDelete