Tuesday, March 22, 2016

2016 - Day 82/284 - Tuesday...

Okay boys and girls, today's journal entry is going to be all about self-criticism. I participated in my first distance-education learning class. I was happily ensconced at the Texas Association of REALTORS® studios (in the heart of downtown Austin) and my two hour class was being broadcast to five associations across the state. I think the two hour class was a good initiation for me, and I definitely learned a few things about teaching before a camera instead of real, live attendees. First off, I was standing at a podium guiding the class through the materials. Next time, I believe I am going to be seated at a table. I am also thinking softer lighting and a nice box of wine will add to the presentation. I also learned that you cannot ask distance participants for comments or participation, they are not going to do it. There was one lady in Fort Worth that would play along with me, but I need to get a grasp on the participants names as well as where they are attending the class from. So, I think those two or three lessons learned from the inaugural launch of my distance education foray will serve me (and hopefully and especially the attendees) well.

Otherwise, just another chaotic and busy day in Austin. Too much stress and too much happening too quickly to keep it all together without the seams bursting apart.

So there.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, ...and ACTION, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment