Friday, March 4, 2016

2016 - Day 64/302 - Friday...

Photographic representations of this afternoons homeward bound traffic congestion in central Texas is much more realistically depicted via a photo from the rear view mirror of the vehicle I am currently driving in. Photos facing forward just could not seem to capture the true depression of the situation, even at the upper/lower deck split, but I believe this visual accurately documents the challenges that we face on a daily basis. I left the office relatively early, only to sit in an almost stationary position for several minutes at a time. I have a new obsession, and that is to keep track of the number of reports of traffic accidents as reported on the drive time news. Statistics are still a little bit fizzy at this time, since I just had the idea yesterday. I swear there were about 16 different places reported with wrecks yesterday, but this afternoon when I was actually paying attention, there were only seven. I need to make a new column on my CDO list of things I keep up with on a daily basis. Great, just one more thing to obsess over.

Otherwise, it was a pretty good day, starting out by participating in the new member orientation at the Board. It was really a lot of fun, and I really do enjoy that. Then it was back to the office, and some power real estate. Not a bad day if I do say so myself!

Barney the cat is training us to feed her earlier in the evenings, so she does not have to share with the other cats, the opossum and the raccoon. When we re sitting down to dinner, she let's herself be seen, and when she does, I go and fix her a plate of moist food and call her, and she heads over to the back porch and enjoys her dinner. Smart cat! She has to be to have survived this long outside on her own.

A good portion of the weekend will be spent getting ready for a couple classes I will be presenting on Tuesday. Of course, that will all be AFTER we take the girl dog to her obedience class. I fear that I need to report that Jody and I are not going to receive passing grades. The girl dog is doing fine, but we refuse to be trained.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRAFFIC, Kindnesses, Whirled Pea
s, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment