Friday, March 18, 2016

2016 - Day 78/288 - Friday...

I don't want to cast any aspersions or put out any bad mojo, and I get it, I really get it. I know why people like Austin and why they want to come to Austin. I figured it our when (back in 1985) my friend Al told me I should accept the transfer because "Austin in one big melting pot of society". I think that was his way of saying Austin keeps it weird. Anyway, I am still here but Al is not (we still keep in touch), but I have witnessed A LOT of change in Austin in the three decades plus that I have been here. We are not what we used to be, and that is kind of sad. There are still lots of cool (and weird) things here to be appreciated, but it is becoming more and more inconvenient. I totally expect that as soon as SXSW is officially over, and we have four or five days to recover before the NEXT event takes over, I will fall off (or slide back from) my total curmudgeon mode. It is not healthy for my chosen career (Welcome to Austin but please don't move here), and I am sure my outlook will change once I have a couple days to recover.

Or, I could just leave the office every day at 1:30 to avoid the worst part of the traffic challenges.

Whatever...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GO HOME, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment