Tuesday, May 17, 2016

2016 - Day 138/228 - Tuesday...

Before I began this post, I edited yesterdays post, and it let me upload the photo that I could not upload yesterday, so if you are interested, it is there now. We will see if I can upload today before publishing...

I had a doctors (dok-a-tors) appointment this afternoon, and as I was waiting (resisting temptation to go through drawers and re-stock my cotton ball collection), I noticed a wild parakeet nest outside the windows. Austin has a HUGE (ha-yooge) parakeet population, the result of a couple parakeets being loosed upon society decades ago. They used to live down around Zach Scott Theatre, then they were evicted and they moved a little bit north to the UT Football Stadium, then they were evicted and relocated themselves to the UT Intramural Fields, and the last I heard, they were being evicted from there to who knows where. BUT, there is a handsome next at the corner of 38th Street and North Lamar, and this particular pair seems to be doing really well. This is not the best photo ever, but it is hard to take a photo of a parakeet and its next with an iPhone.

Otherwise, not a bad day. Lots of accomplishments in the morning, a 2 o'clock appointment and then the dock-a-tors appointment. I even made it home before ark!

All's well that ends well.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PARAKEETS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment