Monday, May 30, 2016

2016 - Day 151/215 - Memorial Day...

I decide to take a picture of the flags out on the circle, and by the time I walk out there, the wind has stopped and the flags are flaccid. About 150 pictures later, this is what I am posting on this Memorial Day, 2016. You get the idea. I hope you enjoyed your day, and thought about those that sacrificed so we could extend our weekend by one day.

Let's talk about flags for just another minute or two. If you know me, you know I am pretty queer for flags. I like flags mostly. Some of our state flags are a bit too complicated for me; pictures of bears and crests and things that elementary school kids cannot replicate with a bunch of crayons. But the Texas flag is easy for a Pre-K kid to draw with a few crayons, and I think that is one of the reasons that Texans feel like they belong. We are all part of a big club, warts, whiskers, politics and all. I (for the most part) like being in the club.

It was raining this morning, but it stopped about mid-day. Sunny and pleasant the rest of the afternoon, but rain in the forecast every day of the foreseeable future.

Jody and I are going to get sucked in to watching Roots tonight...we are already making plans for the rest of the week. Only four nights, but it will take some coordination and planning. One thing is, I need to finish this entry so I can go watch Antiques Roadshow and be ready for the onslaught.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RESPECT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment