Thursday, May 26, 2016

2016 - Day 147/219 - Thursday...

This morning seems like such a long time ago. There were lots of opportunities for things to go wrong today, but nothing went wrong till right at the very end. I'll share that with you in a minute. I got my happy ass up at 3:30 this morning, I was at the airport at 4:30, the plane left for Houston at 5:30, and I got to Houston at 6:30. TAR Field Rep Dahlia picked me up at the airport and schlepped me to The Woodlands, where I got on a bus at about 8 o'clock. The Houston Great Northwest Women's Council of REALTORS® Chapter arranged for 20 or so of their members to take a bus from there to Austin to meet with one of their State Legislators (Debbie Riddle). I was on the bus to guide them through the Advocacy class on the ride up. It was great, a lot of great people, and I had a blast! Once we got to Austin, we had lunch at the Texas Association of REALTORS® office, did a quick tour of the building, and then they walked over to the Capitol with the Representative. I went back to the airport (thank you Casey), and then headed to the office to do a little bit of work. A really great day.

Here is where the bad part comes in. There are some pretty bad storms east of us (going towards Houston), and at last report, they were stuck in Brenham (where they make Blue Bell Ice Cream), holed up at the K-Bob's Steak house. Everyone is taking cover from the storms, all the roads are closed, and they have seen submerged cars. No food or drink at the restaurant, and they had to beg them to let them in. All the convenience stores are packed with people taking cover from the storms.

Send good thoughts that they will all be home safely and soon!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STORMS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment