Saturday, May 21, 2016

2016 - Day 142/224 - Saturday...

While I was out gathering eggs late this afternoon, I got in to a tug-of-war with this rat snake. I am bigger than most rat snakes, and I have opposable thumbs (as evidenced in this photo). I retrieved the egg from the rat snakes mouth, rubbed off the rat snake spit on my pants, put the egg in my bag, and took the rat snake and flung him across the road, where he/she/it was last seen heading towards Hubert and Pauline's house. I expect he will be back, but they also eat rats and other undesirables, so there was no real need to terminate him/her/it. Of course, there was the opportunity to take a quick photographic record of the event, and here you have it.

It would be nice if we could get some rain. Said no one. In central Texas. For the last three or four months. At least. We have received over 6.5" of rain this month, more is forecast for next week, and we are always plagued with floods over the Memorial Day Holiday. I mowed (as opposed to manicured) part of the front swamp this afternoon, from the house up to the bamboo. I also got the girl dog's swamp mowed, and tomorrow I will try to get the rest of the front swamp mowed (as opposed to manicured).

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNAKES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment