Tuesday, May 24, 2016

2016 - Day 145/221 - Tuesday...

Admittedly, we live on a farm, on the edge of nowhere. I learn stuff all the time. I had no idea EVER that I would take a lopping shear to a rat snake (that was a couple years ago) in retaliation of eating the golf ball that I was using as a nest egg. But I got the golf ball back. I never expected that I would hook up a chain to my longhorn bull after he drowned in the ag tank, and then drag said bull (as respectively as possible) to the furthest corner of the property (the corner that would not be in a direct path of the prevailing winds), and then let nature do its' job. I never expected that I would experience longhorn cows suffering from retained placentas, and have to buy a new pair of gloves after having dealt with that. I never would have imagined, not in a million years, that chasing cattle down a country road, and then bribing them back to their pasture with cattle cubes, a galvanized bucket and a whiffle ball bat. But I have. And so last night, and this did not surprise me at all, while I was walking the girl dog, I spied these snake eggs along the side of the road. I assume they are snake eggs, but I am not sure. I will go out and check on them later tonight. I might gather them up and see what happens. I do not expect they will hatch, but you never know. Stranger things have happened.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, SNAKE EGGS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment