Thursday, July 19, 2018

2008 - Day 200/165 - Thursday...1570...

This is how my day progresses after I have been up for about an hour. The paper has been read, the dogs have been let out and let back in, I've had a couple cups of coffee, and then it is time to water plants using this cyclops head-lamp gifted to me earlier this year by JoeMac. He also gave me a little flashlight that I believe can be seen from the space shuttle, but that takes up one hand. The cyclops fits comfortably (fingers-crossed) over the head with a series of elastic straps. Not terribly uncomfortable, but the battery pack is a little bit wonky on occasion. BUT, it does the job admirably, and I can see what I am doing and what it is I am about to step in!

Otherwise, it is just hot. The heat spell continues, but it seems we are in good company with the rest of the continental U.S. I spoke briefly with Mike this afternoon (did you call Carrie) and he has been following the weather forecasts. Texas set a record for electricity usage yesterday. I would not be surprised if we continue to set usage records for the next couple weeks.

We shall see.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CYCLOPS, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment