Friday, July 20, 2018

2018 - Day 201/164 - Friday...1573...

I made it into Austin for a quick five minute presentation to new REALTORS®. I had five minutes to make my presentation. I was not surprised (and I doubt anyone else was) when I was still going after about ten minutes. I think I got it done in about 11 minutes (maybe 12), but it was all good. I think I was the only one really keeping score! It was pretty much a full house, and now they all know that REALTOR® is a two syllable word.

I should be happy because it is Friday but really all I want to do is to crawl into the refrigerator and cool off. It is hot outside, and this bitching is becoming monotonous to me, so I know it is boring all of you to tears. On a positive note, I am not a chicken, so I do get to get inside where it is cooler than it is on the outside. On a negative note, I am the chicken God, so I am responsible for making sure there is a never ending supply of water and feed so they will survive this heat. It is crazy hot and windy, the African dust crap is just about finished, but they are harvesting corn and maize and sorghum which creates a whole other kind of dust and crap in the air. This too will be overcome, and I expect we will survive this, just as we do every year.

It was 108 in Dallas today at about 5 o'clock, only made it to 103 on the Edge of Nowhere, and I am not sure what the official high temperature was in Austin. All I know is, we are really lucky compared to many folks; no fires in our immediate area, the closest fires are about 60 miles away, and so far burned about 2 thousand acres. No tornadoes, no floods, no other catastrophes, so we will take what we got and work with it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BORING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment