Monday, July 23, 2018

2018 - Day 204/161 - Monday...1575...

I am tired of commenting on this. It was 5,000 degrees (centigrade) in central Texas Today. It was so hot in Austin, Texas, this week that firefighters were called to at least four blazes started by the spontaneous combustion of tortilla chips. That is real news, although it happened last week. I could not make this stuff up. Today the official temperature in Austin (just a wee-bit south of the Edge of Nowhere) was 110 degrees, just a little bit less than the 5,000 degrees (centigrade) that was reported here on a variety of electronic weather stations. There is a 'cold' front coming in later this evening, and the temperatures for the rest of the week are not expected to surpass the 100 degree mark. That means 4,500 degrees (centigrade) on the Edge of Nowhere. Come up with the worst Johnny Carson monologue joke (It was so hot today; HOW HOT WAS IT?) you can think of, and I expect I can beat it. Again, I am bored with this, nothing really good to talk about except the heat. And that is not really too interesting. Earl the Squirrel (or perhaps one of his/her descendants) was all spayed out in the tree over one of the fountains, waiting for me to put out some fresh water, which I did.

I am going to go and sit in the refrigerator now.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IT'S HOT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment