Sunday, July 22, 2018

2018 - Day 203/162 - Sunday...1565...

I got very little accomplished today, and it took me most of the day to do it. I did (ultimately) get one of the troughs in the pastures working. It has been a really long time since the cattle were in need of sissified water, but, since we are back in drought conditions, the tanks are getting lower and lower, and I wanted to get the troughs operable BEFORE it was an emergency. I also believe that, when the tanks get really low, the quality of the water is not that great, so they are on water district water again for the foreseeable future. I hope to get one more (at least) of the troughs working in the next week or two. There are four troughs in the cattle pastures that are supplied from the water district (metered water), but I really don't think it is necessary to get all of them operating, with only four head of cattle grazing back there.

It did take two trips to various hardware stores and several trips back and froth from one shed to another to get the one trough working. I felt like I was a one man Keystone Cop film; back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. BUT, it is working now and that is the accomplishment for the day.

It was (honestly) too damn hot to really do anything else. There is a cool front due on Monday, which will lower the daytime high temperature to 100 degrees.

Whoopee!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HOTNESS, Kindnesses, Wh
irled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment