Wednesday, July 25, 2018

2018 - Day 206/159 - Wednesday...1575...

It was International Day at the board, and these Korean ladies dressed in traditional costumes, who provided some entertainment during the lunch part of the program, were admittedly NOT impressed with my mastery of conversational Chinese. True, they are Korean not Chinese, but I expected the two languages would have some similarities (like Spanish that is somewhat different in Spain than it is in Mexico), BUT, I was straightened out about that quickly and decisively. Plus, the fact that I know only three or four real words in Chinese generally makes for a quick conversation, which I an not unhappy with.

Since it has not rained in central Texas for thirty or forty years, it is not unusual that I am watering on a daily basis. I have it down to about an hour a day (hand watering), making sure the potted and delicates get some water, and I set sprinklers here and there on a 15 minute timed schedule. Three sprinklers 15 minutes a piece at eight different locations. That's good for 45 minutes, then there is hand watering in the front, and making sure the chickens have water for the day as well.

It is REALLY a good thing that I am anal retentive and CDO.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, KOREA, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment