Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 33/332, 2021 - Tuesday

This was a really good day in many ways, and I only cried a couple times. First off, one of my very best friends ever died in 1994, and on the anniversary of his death every year, I would call his mom and talk with her for a little while. Last year (2020), I called and the phone had been disconnected. Ugh. I tried to find out what I could, but I could find out nothing. In the midst of moving, I found a card that his mom sent me in 2000, and it mentioned his brother and his brother's wife. I knew he had a brother, but I didn't know the name. BUT...with the name, I tracked him down and talked with him this morning. The mother is doing well, or as well as can be expected, in an assisted living center, and he will tell her I called. That makes me really happy. At least I know what happened. Many times, I wonder about what has happened to people I knew, way back when. The other happy thing that happened is going to be held in reserve for another day. I think I did either three or four zooms today, and that could be a tie for the most zooms in a day. I also learned a lot about a variety of subjects, and that makes it even more successful. Plus, the sunrise was really nice. Not as nice on the farm, where I would see them all the time, but nice still. Now I have to 'seek out' the sunrises and the sunsets, but they are always worth it., but I no longer take them for granted. OH, plus I finished the book last night, I could not wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment