Sunday, February 14, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 45/320, 2021 - Sunday

I got an 'F' in citizenship today. I was not a good neighbor. There have been pleas from all the utilities to conserve. It could have been worse. I did NOT use the gas logs in the fireplace, but I did do a couple loads of clothes, washed and dried. It had to be done. I also bathed, which should make the closest neighbors happy. I only went outside today to get the newspaper this morning, and to go out in the backyard with the dogs. It seems they will not get off the porch unless I am out in the yard with them. They are not at all impressed with crunchy grass, and it is interesting to see the piglet try to pee while trying not to get her back feet cold. I did some inside stuff today as well. I made the beds in two of the guest rooms, and I gathered up clothes from all the other closets and put stuff where it really belonged, which is in my closet. Now, one of these days (we are expecting winter to be over by the end of the week), I will move stuff out of the closet at the farm, and that will make one more room cleared out. I did not go to the farm today, but my neighbor (the good neighbor) made sure Barney had food. As long as the electricity stays on, the chickens should be okay. AND...the water is turned off to the whole property up at the road, so I hope the pipes will all be okay. I don't know if I will be able to get out to the farm tomorrow, but all of central Texas (okay, really, ALL of Texas) is shut down. We told everyone last week that we would be closed on Monday, and now I am not sure when we may be able to get back in to the office. It will be an interesting week, and the window coverings are supposed to be installed on Wednesday. They better not try to cancel because of the weather...dammit... So, when I wasn't putzing or eating, I was watching movies. I found a new channel called 'Movies,' or, maybe 'MGMovies.' It was fun, and it passed the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment