Sunday, February 28, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 59/306, 2021 - Sunday

When you reach a certain age, it is the usually unreported things in your life that you feel proudest of. Today, I clipped my toenails. No big deal to most folks under the age of 50 (or so), but, not being particularly given to contortioning (or being a contortionist), I find it quite an accomplishment. I got up this morning, and did a few things before meeting Candy and Terry for an earlier than usual brunch. Good convo, and TOO MUCH food, but I do it (almost) every Sunday, and I have not learned to order more in moderation. What does that tell you? After brunch, I did, somewhat against my will and contrary to my better judgement, but I did it anyway. I went to the farm and cleared out the master bathroom, and got it all loaded in the car for transport. Then, again against my better judgement, I went out and cleaned the chicken coop. The temperature today in central Texas was in the low 70s, but the humidity (stupidity?), was about 1000%. PLUS, two cans of garbage were put out on the road for collection tomorrow. When I got home, I took a nap, cleaned out the car, had some dinner, responded to a bunch of e-mails, and now it is almost time to call it a night. Even though several neighbors are helping clear downed limbs and brush out at the farm, there is still a lot of work to be done before most of the evidence of the past two weeks will be erased. I am not sure it will ever be erased, but most of the bad will be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment