Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 48/317, 2021 - Wednesday

There was no post last night, because I did not have power or internet long enough at any one time to get it done. I am feeling pretty lucky right now, so I am going to go ahead and try to get this posted. Earlier today, I had power, so I put a bagel in the toaster, and that put the electric grid into a state of collapse, so not too much more risk taking by me. Right now, I have electric, heat and internet, but no water. It's kind of like real estate, you can have it all, but not usually all in one place. The threatened ice storm over night was not too terrible, but it was slippery this morning. Once again, I have not taken the car out but I have taken the girls out into the back yard. It is currently 28 degrees, which is almost like a heat wave compared to the single digits we experienced the last couple of days. I tried jumping on a couple zoom meetings this morning, I could not get onto the first one, I got onto the second one and then the power went out and I did not get to finish it. I am supposed to get my hair cut on Friday, and I am not sure if that will happen or not. The window coverings were supposed to be installed today, and guess what. Didn't happen. We will (mostly) all survive this Valentin's Day Blizzard, and probably come out of it unscathed. Mostly. Years from now, we will look back on all this, and still be pissed!

No comments:

Post a Comment