Saturday, February 13, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 44/321, 2021 - Saturday

It is still cold here, but expected to be the coldest on Tuesday morning. Forecast is calling for 6 degrees with 35 mile per hour winds. And then on Friday, the high temperature is forecast to be in the low to middle 60s. That's more like it! I went out to the farm early this afternoon, because there is more freezing rain expected, but so far it has not happened. The roads were clear, so there were no issues traveling, and the power was still off at the house. I saw the electric crews and they said they expected the power to be back on in two or three hours. I freshened the chickens water, gave them a fresh dose of meal worms, and made sure they had plenty of feed. In the coop, I added another heat lamp inside, in anticipation of the electricity coming back on. The electricity did in fact come back on at about 3:30, or at least that is when my neighbor (the good one) reported that it was back on. I made sure Barney had food, and I did not see him in person, but with the electricity back on, the internet is back up, the router is on, and the camera system is back up and running, and I saw video of Barney on the front porch. Some things are back to normal, but I expect it will be months before all the tree damage is cleared and we will see what the lasting affect of these extraordinary meteorological events have had on everything. The farm was always a beautiful place, lovely and abundant flora, and I fear much of it may be lost! It's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment