Friday, February 19, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 50/315, 2021 - Friday

I made it in to Austin this morning, and that was the first and only time this week. I was planning to try and get to the farm on the way home, but was cautioned not to try, so I will make a better effort tomorrow. I have been told to wait until two or three, but my plan is to leave the Lazy House around 11 and see what happens. The electricity is on, I have heat, the water pressure is back, but we are still on a boil water advisory. I only have a small sauce pan, so boiling water was a repetitive process, but I had plenty of water for coffee and pills this morning, and still had some left. After the venture to the farm was called off, I took a chance and stopped at HEB, mainly looking for water and milk. The shelves all over the store were bare. No milk, no veggies, no fruit, some meat, not too sure about frozen foods. I stocked up on dog food and cat food, got five liters of fancy water, and that should last me about a year. If I can ever get to the farm, I have a few gallons of bottled water there, who would have ever thought that should have been a priority item to move. You just never know, if it's not one thing it's another! Life is good, I'm a lucky guy. OH YEAH, this happened yesterday...I actually got a confirmed appointment to get my first vaccination shot next Wednesday. WOO-HOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment