Thursday, February 11, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 42/323, 2021 - Thursday

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. It is only going to get worse for the next week or so. I cannot believe that I can make really sound judgements and really stupid judgements all in the same breath. It is really cold outside! Okay, those are the statements, now the rest of this is the back-up. I got up this morning, and headed in to the office about 8:30. There was some concern about frozen precipitation (I learned that in the weather programs) overnight, but it really was not an issue. The biggest problem going in was that, everyone was being really considerate of everyone else, and no one knew how to react to it, so everyone was driving in a haze of confusion. That all changed by the afternoon. Even though I did participate in a zoom meeting today, I am not going to keep going with the zoom meeting pics, since I have more interesting pics to choose from. It was, to be totally honest, a really CRAZY day...and it will be for the next seven to ten days. We are expecting the weather to be colder in the next week than it has been in the last 31 years. AND, there is a possibility that one days next week will be the coldest it has EVER been in central Texas. Don't quote me. Mixed in with the beauty and the good is the ugly and the bad. I made it out to the farm late this afternoon. Trees down, electricity out (probably for a while), beautiful and ugly at the same time. If the electricity does not come on, the chickens may not survive, and a lot of other stuff can happen based on the domino theory. BUT, we will all recover in a couple months (maybe), and by then we will all be tired of talking about the cold spell. The photo is from the road down the drive at the farm. I had to leave the car on the road, because there was no electricity and I could not open the gate. I could have, but I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment