Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Volume 13 - Day 41/324, 2021 - Wednesday

We are set for eight or nice days with overnight lows BELOW freezing...the forecast keeps changing, but right now it looks like the high temperatures will be ABOVE freezing all but one of those days, but needless to say, this is not normal for Texas, and don't even start arguing with me about global warming. I am resigned to the fact that all the palms at the farm will be goners, all the bamboo will die back (but it will come back up in a couple years). I turned the water off at the road this afternoon, and bled the cold water pipes, that is about the best plan as far as I know. All the plants have been put back in the garage or the front barn, but I a not even sure if they will survive or not. I'll let you know in about ten days or so. The worst part of all of it is, all the Facebook posts will be about how cold it is. Get ready! Today was another day of zoom meetings, and the photo accompanying this post is compliments of Leslie. I was otherwise occupied, and about the last thing on my mind (other than not messing everything up), was to remember to take a photo. A whole slew of dedicated TREPAC Trustees, all together on a zoom meeting, and we all know we would rather be playing volleyball, even if it is freezing freaking cold outside. Sorry. I will continue complaining tomorrow!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment