Wednesday, May 4, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 124/241, 2022 - Wednesday




On October 12, 2004, the National Association of REALTORS® moved in to its new, state of the art, environmentally conscious Washington, D.C. headquarters. The structure is a 12-story, Class A facility, at 500 New Jersey Avenue NW, just three blocks from the U.S. Capitol. I started the day at 7:30. I am a member of the Public Policy Coordinating Committee, and we had a good, interesting, learning meeting. We were supposed to be done in a couple hours, but we went long. After the meeting, Nancy and I went to breakfast, then did a little touristy shopping, and then back to the hotel. At 12:45, we headed to the Rayburn Building to meet with the staff of one of our elected officials. We knew the Congressman was not in town, but we have met with him and his staff for so many years, both here and in Austin, that we all know each other pretty well. After that meeting, a few of us went to the NAR Building and went up to the roof. This is Teresa, Becky, me and Holly up on the roof, with the Capitol in the background. I have an 8 o'clock meeting in the morning, and a four o'clock meeting in the afternoon. In between times, I am going to see the protestors at the Supreme Court. So far, it has been reported that the protestors (on both sides of the issue) have been well behaved. I feel I MUST go, I have no real intentions of participating, but I cannot justify being here and not going to witness this. I think it will be like a civics class, and I think we all need more civics education. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment