Monday, May 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 143/222, 2022 - Monday

Cottontails and jackrabbits are common throughout most parts of Texas. There are several species of cottontail rabbits in Texas, but only one species of jackrabbit, the black-tailed. Jackrabbits are true hares and differ in many ways from cottontails, which are classed as rabbits. What you see in this photo is a blur of a rabbit we saw on our walk this morning. It was 64 degrees when we left this morning, three degrees warmer than yesterday. It was a good walk, and we certainly never lack for things to discuss. I got a whole new perspective on my way in to Austin this morning. I went all the way in on IH-35, because of a wreck on MoPac. It was in the northbound lane, I would have been in the southbound lane, but the car decided to take me down IH-35. Interesting stuff I have not seen in a little while. I got in to the office pretty early this morning, and lasted a little longer than usual, too. No errands to run on the way home, although I did consider stopping at the grocery. I will do that tomorrow morning, after breakfast with the ROMEOs. We are supposed to have rain overnight tonight...fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment