Saturday, May 21, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 141/224, 2022 - Saturday

The scientific name for the daylilly is Hemerocallis. The name is derived from two Greek words meaning beauty and day, referencing the fact that each flower lasts only one day. They typically bloom in a morning, and fade the following evening. I bought three ready-to-water things from Home Depot last year; two were daylillies and one was elephant ears. They did NOTHING last year, but I kept them, and this one bloomed, and I will plant it in the ground at some point. The elephant ears are doing better, and the other lillie is showing signs of life. I am writing this journal entry early because, after all, it is Saturday, which means wine night with the neighbors. We had a nice walk this morning, and then I took the girls to the beautiful parlor. They look mah-ve-lous, thank you very much. Then we were off to Estate Sales, and everybody got something, although I was the over-achiever. I need more crap like I need a hole-in-the-head. Whatever. After a nap, I went to Home Depot for a couple things, and then made a stop at Dairy Queen for some much needed supplies. I can't understand why I am not losing any weight. Mikey sent me two bags of Trader Joe's potato chips that he can get in Florida, but they have not been in stock here in central Texas for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment