Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 138/227, 2022 - Wednesday

Why are 'lobbyists' called lobbyists? Ulysses S Grant might have contributed that word. It is said that he used to get away from the White House and visit the Willard Hotel where he would smoke cigars and drink whisky. People seeking jobs, contracts and particular positions in legislation would approach him in the hotel lobby, and he referred to them as lobbyists. I did not get in my walk this morning, since I attended the WILCO Advocacy Day. There were speakers from a variety of sources, and it was an informative and worthwhile meeting. Thanks for the invite! I did get a chance to go to the Appraisal District, and all the questions I had about exemptions were answered, so I am good on that front. Now I can just wait until the tax bills arrive later this year. Another record heat setting day today...every day this month has been at or above the record heat for this month. The record for today was held for over 100 years, but we broke it. Good news is that there may be some rain over the weekend, so that will be good. This photo is of me and Michelle, President of WILCO. We're both short, but there was no fun short person trivia I could come up with, so I went with Advocacy. Your loss!

No comments:

Post a Comment