Monday, May 16, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 136/229, 2022 - Monday

During the 1950s, patios and decks rapidly gained popularity in the United States. So did barbecue grills and weather resistant furniture. Metal and plastic chairs became popular, making outdoor furniture easier to maintain. How many different ways do you know how to spell 'barbecue' or something spelled differently that means the same thing? Today started out like most days, with a nice walk with Jay and Dick. Off to the office, and got my desk cleared off before I came home. On the way home, I made a few stops; I needed milk and a gift and a card for Marge's birthday. Dinner was a stuffed bell pepper that I got at Trader Joe's last week, and the last of the meatloaf. It is hot a hell outside, and we are experiencing the hottest May EVER, and no relief in sight. There is a 20% chance of rain Friday and Saturday. That is code for 'it's not going to rain.' After dinner, I went outside with the girls and sat on the patio for a while. It is hot, but there is shade on the patio, and later in the evenings, when the sun is going down, it is really quite comfortable. I am glad I had the deck put in last year, and the front patio this year. It is much easier to harass the passersby that way! Tomorrow I am attending two virtual classes, which is code for 'sitting on my ass for five hours.' It could be worse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment