Saturday, May 28, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 148/217, 2022 - Saturday

Today was a pretty good day...nothing terribly exciting, nothing particularly boring, either. The walk was good this morning, then I had a bagel and read the paper on-line. I am not keen that the local newspaper quit printing on Saturday and I HAVE to read it on-line. But...the more I do it, the more I don't hate it any more. What I don't like about it is, I cannot totally ignore the advertisements. I fear the printed newspapers will be gone soon, and I will adapt, but I won't be liking it. So, after reading the paper, I went down for a few naps. In between naps, I had bursts of energy and got a few things done. I am really kind of happy with the day went. I threatened to get in the car and go someplace every now and then, but I restrained myself, and the cars were not moved out of the garage. That is a total success in itself! I spent some time watering plants and cleaning the upholstery on the outside furniture, and sat outside for a little while. I actually took a nap on the back deck for a few minutes. It was lovely. The more I do, the more I love the Curious House. It just keeps getting better and better. Whenever I say I'm done, I think about it again, and suddenly I am no longer done. Tonight was the second house concert of the year, and it was the best attended house concert ever. We ended up with 25 or 30 neighbors here, and I am satisfied that everyone had a pretty good time. A few neighbors that I  had not met yet, and many that are becoming regulars. A good time was had by all, and all were glad to be here. Good music, good friends, what could be better? The next house concert will be the last Saturday of September, in order to avoid the hottest part of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment