Monday, August 8, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 220/145, 2022 - Monday

Oats were one of the earliest cereals cultivated by man. They were known in ancient China as long ago as 7,000 BC. The ancient Greeks were the first people known to have made a recognizable porridge (cereal) from oats. Does oatmeal make you poop? I could go into the sordid details, but the short answer is; yes. Look it up! I'm back, sorry I was distracted for a couple minutes, but I just figured out how to delete unsolicited spam messages. Not difficult at all. The ROMEO's (Really Old Men Eating Oatmeal) met today instead of our usual Tuesday morning breakfast, due to scheduling (mine) conflicts. Dick is in Chicago until November, but we have a new member of the group, Peter. This photo shows me, Peter, Jack and Jay. Hopefully we will be back on schedule next week. Not a bad Monday, everything pretty ordinary for a Monday. What is not usual is that I just did some laundry, and I will go outside and water plants. The Grim Reaper of the pot plant world is going to make a visit, too. I feel bad because they are blooming, but they are struggling terribly. The heat is just taking a toll, so I am going to put them out of their misery. Send kind thoughts, they have been with me for about four years and they lived a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment