Friday, August 26, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 238/127, 2022 - Friday

The word orchid is derived from the Greek word (orchis) for testicle because of the shape of the root tubers in some species of the genus Orchis. These nonwoody perennial plants are generally terrestrial or epiphytic herbs (meaning growing on other plants rather than rooted in soil). Well! I didn't know that! While I was walking this morning, someone snuck this orchid onto the front patio. At least I think it was done while I was walking this morning. There are three suspects, but so far no one has confessed. It does kind of harken back to this months book club suggestion (Orquidea Divina), but whoever is responsible, thanks, I love you. On my drive in to the office this morning, I did a zoom call, which is always interesting. I got the audio done, and I could see my zoom friends, but I don't really know if they could see me or not. Probably better if they couldn't. I did some this and that in the office, went and walked a property, left the office about 1:30, got home for a 3:30 virtual appointment, which was really disappointing, and then had a chicken pot pie for dinner. Tomorrow there will be a walk, and we have five estate sales on the list. That will make the day interesting, for sure. Plus, I think I might do some more laundry. A little bit here, a little bit there...

No comments:

Post a Comment