Friday, August 12, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 224/141, 2022 - Friday

I know there are homeless people all over the world. When Jody and I travelled to China, we witnessed homeless people. They were not as obvious as other places we had been, but they were there. This journal post is not going to be 'preachy,' it is just that the photo that accompanies this post is of (I am making an assumption here) a homeless person. Why are people homeless? There are more reasons than can be offered in this journal on this date, but when people's wages are not enough to cover rent or mortgage, health care, transportation, and child care, it is a problem. It is not really that simple, but is a good place to start. After that, it is a domino effect of hundreds of challenges. Enough of that. I have often seen this man walking down South First Street when I am driving to or from the office. A man walking down a street with a chicken on his shoulder will definitely get your attention. I saw him walking past our office this afternoon, and he sat down to yell at the chicken. He also had a good sized machete. We were a little concerned, and I walked outside to make sure he was not getting ready to filet the chicken, and I asked permission to take his picture. Every day is something interesting, you just have to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment