Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 236/129, 2022 - Wednesday

The term 'chiropractic' comes from two Grecian words: cheir which means hand, and praktos which means done. Done by hand. The first chiropractic adjustment was given in 1895 by Daniel David Palmer (the father of chiropractic) who helped a janitor, Harvey Lillard, regain his hearing after a back injury he suffered 17 years prior. WOWZA! What if you are only near-sighted? I have been having neck pain for over a month, and yesterday Carrie decided I needed to go to a chiropractor. So, I made an appointment for today. First, there was the intake and some x-rays, then there was another appointment for a few cracks and five minutes (the best part) on a kind of a massage table that rolled up and down my spine. Mostly. It hit a couple other interesting parts, but it was mostly the spine. My neck still hurts, so there was no miracles (yet), and I probably still need some corrective lenses, but I have another appointment on Friday. We will see where this goes. He also said my right leg was shorter than my left leg, but after the first adjustment, they are now both the same length. Okay. Tonight is book club night, and that will be fun. I need to go pick a bottle of wine to take with, and we will see how the discussion goes. I picked the book for this month, and to the best of my memory, nobody liked the book. I did. The Inheritance of Orquidea Devina. It was complicated, so I read it twice. I liked it better the second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment