Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 228/137, 2022 - Tuesday

Buddhism is basically the teachings of Siddharta Guarama, who was born in 632 B.C. He was born a prince, but went on a long spiritual search for happiness and to end suffering. After many trials and different paths, he finally found enlightenment under the Bodhi tree.After his enlightenment, he started to teach others, and this is how the teachings of Buddhism started. It has been years since I have seen a Buddhist in Austin. I used to see them all around town, and at the airport, selling flowers. I am not sure that this guy is a Buddhist, but it would seem to me that one sure fire way of ending suffering would be to put down the cell phone. Just a thought. I made two trips to Wolf Ranch Elementary School today, delivering school supplies to kindergarten teachers. I ordered from Amazon last week, got a lot of it and delivered it this morning, and when I got home this afternoon, there were five more boxes, so I took that over. I am looking forward to following these kids through their journey at this school. I think it will be fun. My chance to join the PTA! I have an appointment to take my car in for service tomorrow, and I have no idea if I will end up with a loaner, or if it will be an in-and-out thing. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment