Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 242/123, 2022 - Tuesday

Leucophyllum frutescens is an evergreen shrub in the figwort family, native to the state of Texas. Commonly known as Texas Sage, it is not a true sage, and is distinct from the sanus Salvia. It is a popular plant in Texas, requires little water, can be shaped into hedges, and blooms over the entire plant surface. Texas sage does not have a reliable blooming schedule, but it can apparently predict rain by blooming a few days before rain comes. At other times, it can bloom just AFTER a rain. It was nice to see the Texas sage blooming today, it was something I have not paid attention to in quite a while. Although it could be just because the sage has NOT bloomed in a while, it was still good to see and to search it out as I was commuting hither and yon. We did in fact get a little bit of rain today, last I looked at my gauge there was about a quarter-inch. There may be a little more overnight, but there is also more forecast over the rest of the week, into the Labor Day weekend. I will be up EARLY in the morning, I have an 8 o'clock class in Buda tomorrow, just about a fifty mile drive from the house. I will leave around 6, you just never what might be in store traffic wise. I will actually wear my glasses in the dark...

No comments:

Post a Comment