Monday, August 29, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 241/124, 2022 - Monday

The first radio soap opera was introduced in 1925. Proctor and Gamble sponsored lots of them, selling soap, targeting housewives. The first tv daytime soap opera was telecast in 1949. The first successful daytime drama debuted in 1951 (Search for Tomorrow) and lasted until 1986. I can remember as a kid, watching these programs with my mother. In high school, we all watched Dark Shadows, and when I was attending college, we watched daytime drama in the student center. These days, Carrie and I have a television running in our shared office every minute of our time when we are in the office. We are hooked on General Hospital, even though they spend very little time in a hospital setting. If I were real life friends with any of these characters, I would have to find new friends, because they are all walking disaster zones. A good walk this morning, then on to the office, then a visit to the chiropractor, then back to the office, and home after the stories. I have a date with the CPA tomorrow, so maybe the 2021 taxes are nearing completion. I'll let you know. In the meantime, watch your back...

No comments:

Post a Comment