Thursday, August 18, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 230/135, 2022 - Thursday

The first standardized rain gauge was invented in Korea in 1441. In 1662, the first tipping bucket rain gauge was invented in Britain. The first systematic rainfall measurements were done between 1677 and 1694. Not sure when this was, but rainfalls were recorded by people in the past for the basis of land taxes. We finally got some rain today, and there are threats (by the local weather-persons) of rain for the next seven days. I was at Costco this afternoon when it started to rain, and after the check-out part, I did not RUN to my car. I walked. It was raining, and I needed to enjoy it. It was dribbling a bit when I got home and checked the mail, and it continued to dribble a bit for the next hour or so. The photo accompanying this journal entry shows 0.97" of rain, and there was a bit more added to that total. I will record it tomorrow, but I think the rainfall was kind of hit-or-miss. My friend Janis who lives about four miles from me, noted to a friend on Facebook that she had not received any rain. So sorry. Tomorrow is Friday, and that is always welcomed! I don't have any firm plans for the weekend, but I have a couple ideas. Hide and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment