Saturday, August 13, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 225/140, 2022 - Saturday

One way to get to know your neighbors is to have a reason to get together. A great way to get acquainted and easily break the ice is by creating a 'wine night.' Shortly after I moved to the Curious House, I saw Dick, Marge, Jay and Deb out on Dick and Marge's driveway, just having a nice chat. At the time, I still had the house on the Edge of Nowhere, so I took some eggs down to them. They invited me to join them for a glass of wine, but I had to decline because I was not wearing pants. I was only in my boxers, which I saw no reason to apologize about. They encouraged me to join them, so I wet back, put on some pants, and joined them. the rest is history. Wine night was at the Curious House tonight, and there were a total of ten neighbors in attendance. Strict rules: No food, starts at 7 ends promptly at 9. We have to make a new rule, no host plants. There were a total of ten of us tonight, and it was a lot of fun. There were multiple conversations going at any one time, and it was fun. Conveniently, the girls had been taken to the beautiful parlor this afternoon, so they were up for the attention. The day started with a nice walk, then estate sales, then the girls to the beautiful parlor, a few errands, a nap and then wine. I am a very lucky man, and I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment